Dr Stylianos Hatzipanagos is Senior Lecturer in the Centre of Technology Enhanced Learning at King's College London. He is a Fellow of the Centre for Distance Education at the University of London. His research portfolio includes: learning design and evaluation of online learning environments, formative assessment and technology-enhanced assessment, computer mediated communication and computer supported collaborative work, open educational resources, social media and social networking in an educational context. He has published books and edited peer reviewed journal special issues on social media and assessment. He has developed and led successful research funding applications and participated in research projects at a national (UK) and European level.
Some recent publications:
- Warburton, S. & Hatzipanagos, S. (Eds) (2013). Digital Identities and Social Media. London: Information Science Reference, an imprint of IGI Global. ISBN 978-1-4666-1915-9.
- Recio Saucedo, A., Whitelock, D. M., Gilbert, L.H., Hatzipanagos, S., Gillary, P., Watt, S. and Zhang, P. (2013). Improving a tutor’s feedback assessment tool: Transforming Open Mentor following two recent deployments. International Journal of e-Assessment vol.3 no.1, 1–16.
- Hatzipanagos, S. (2013). Students as Communities of non-Practice: Making the Case for the Use of Social Media in Higher Education in: Warburton, S. & Hatzipanagos, S. (Eds) Digital Identities and Social Media. London: Information Science Reference, an imprint of IGI Global). ISBN 978-1-4666-1915-9.
- Arevalo, C. R., Bayne, S., Beesley, J., Brayshaw, C.J., Cox, M., Donaldson, N., Elsom, B., Grayden, S., Hatzipanagos, S., Johnson, L., Reynolds, P.A., Schönwetter, D. J. (2013). Framework for e-learning assessment: A global model for the future. Journal of Dental Education. 77:564-575.
- Lygo-Baker, S. & Hatzipanagos, S. (2012). Enabling Professional Development with e-portfolios: Creating a Space for the Private and Public Self, International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design. 2(1), 37-52, January-March 2012.
- Valtanen, J., Berki, E., Georgiadou, E., Hatzipanagos, S. Ross, M. Stamelos, I., Staples, G. (2012). Features for Suitable Problems: IT Professionals’ and IT Students’ Opinions. International Journal of Human Capital and Information Technology. 3(3), 27-41, July-September 2012.
- Hatzipanagos, S & Rochon, R. (Eds) (2011). Approaches to Assessment that Enhance Learning in Higher Education. London: Routledge ISBN 9780415693257.
- Hatzipanagos, S. & Warburton, S. (2009). Feedback as Dialogue: Exploring the Links between Formative Assessment and Social Software in Distance Learning. Learning, Media and Technology, 34(1), 45–59.
- Hatzipanagos, S. & Warburton, S. (Eds) (2009). Social Software and Developing Community Ontologies. 598 pp. London: Information Science Reference, an imprint of IGI Global ISBN 978-1-60566-208-4.