Dr Ian Barrett is Faculty Member, Project E-QUAL, King’s College London. He is the Learning and Teaching Manager at the Center for Technology Enhanced Learning (CTEL) at KCL. His responsibilities for the job include:
- Working with Faculty office holders and committees to develop and maintain the Faculty's strategy for technology enhanced learning
- Implementing specific projects identified in the Faculty strategy, including applying for external funding
- Ensuring effective administration of technology enhanced learning within the Faculty
- Evaluating the Faculty's use of technology in teaching and acting on feedback and results
- Disseminating good practice and research about technology, and advising teaching staff on technology use within their teaching.
Ian Barrett studied history at Oxford before taking an MA and doctorate at King's. His thesis looked at the politics of slavery in late eighteenth century Britain.Ian has also worked as an administrator in several universities, and has been working in e-learning since completing his doctorate, developing a long-held interest in technology in research and education.
Link to his official university profile: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/contact/ahsps/barretti.aspx