Major Achievements of E-QUAL Partners
Despite being a relatively new institution Ambedkar University has already gained solid reputation across the country as a thriving centre for innovation and research. AUD participated in a NAAC review in September 2014 and received a rating of 'A' in November 2014. No other university had applied for and received NAAC accreditation so soon after its establishment. AUD received its highest marks in the evaluation sub-category of curriculum design and programme implementation. It has also received approval from the Board of Human Ecology to offer the Introductory Course on Human Ecology being developed under the E-QUAL project to the AUD students from mid-2015.
There are four Indian and two European universities actively participating and collaborating in Project E-QUAL. Each of these institutions has been able to carve a distinguished place for themselves in the educational map of their respective nations/regions. These institutions are consistently and regularly producing not only excellent students but great research output. This page is devoted to highlight their achievements and success stories in diversely different fields of academics and research. Needless to say, these achievements are actively boosting their profile as an E-QUAL partner institution, regardless of the fact whether the achievement is directly related to our particular project. We are proud to profile our success!
Ambedkar University, Delhi
- India’s highest rating and evaluation body for educational institutions NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) standing committee had their meeting on 24 September 2014 and accredited 79 educational institutions among which Jadavpur University has got the highest rating, it has got 3.68 out of 4, an improvement of 0.07 over 2008. It must be noted that in three assessment cycles conducted by NAAC, Jadavpur has consistently been ranked in the highest grade, currently Grade A. This score puts Jadavpur (which has already successfully established itself as a world class educational institution, actively fostering a culture of interdisciplinary research) at 2nd place in currently ranked universities in India.
- American Digital Humanist Organization (ADHO) has recognized our E-QUAL contributor School of Cultural Texts and Records as one of the top five Digital Humanities Centers in the World.
Shiv Nadar University
Shiv Nadar University is a multi-disciplinary, student-centric, research-focused university offering a full range of academic programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. SNU's multi-disciplinary curriculum provides students a strong foundation in disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, technology and engineering studies, communications and management, while enabling them to gain mastery of a subject of their choosing. Taught by world class faculty, undergraduate education at SNU is designed to develop students with the breadth of vision, knowledge, skills and attitudes required to succeed in the careers of the 21st century. The institution received considerable prominence at the FICCI Higher Education Summit held in November 2014.
University of Hyderabad
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented Visitor’s Awards for Central Universities in the categories of ‘Best University’, ‘Innovation’ and ‘Research’ for the year 2015 at a wonderful function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on February 4, 2015. This function coincided with the third Conference of Vice Chancellors of Central Universities held between February 4 and 5, 2015.
- The Visitor’s Award for the ‘Best University’ was awarded to University of Hyderabad. They received a citation, a trophy and a cash award of Rs. one lakh.
- The President had announced institution of these awards at the Vice Chancellors’ Conference last year with the aim of promoting healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivating them to adopt best practices from across the world. For selecting the winners, online applications were invited from all Central Universities for each category. A Selection Committee comprising of Smt. Omita Paul, Secretary to the President as Chairperson and Secretary, Department of Higher Education, MHRD; Secretary, Department of Science & Technology; Chairman, UGC; Chairperson and Vice Chairpersons of National Innovation Foundation; Director-General, Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and Director IIT Delhi as members chose the winners of the Awards.